Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pillow Fight

Slowly, our living room is coming to life. Brown on brown on brown can get a bit tiring, but as I'm finding on many blogs it's so easy to add a personal touch with fabric and some unexpected color. I can't paint now, so....

here's what I did:

(1) jazzed up the floor lamp with some fabric (as you can see here)
(2) dressed up a bare wall with fabric covered canvases and one with scrapbook paper that needs a bit more hot glue. (I'm going to add two more canvases-the wall still looks a little bare to me.)
(3) tossed two bright greenish-blue pillows on the couch that complemented the colors in the canvases. Then, took it a step further because I had some extra energy from a late night cup of coffee and made rosettes out of remaining fabric and secured them to the pillows (with fabric glue, because I can't sew.) The pillows are rather cozy and great for pillow fights among a mom and her two little girls! We'll see how long those pretty little rosettes can stay on.


Here's the before (with the new pillows):

















after:




















Don't you just love that table? My dad built it for me about 10 years ago. It's so near and dear to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment