Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Flip Those Shoes

I had a pair of white flats that I haven't worn in a year, but they are so comfy that I didn't want to part with them. So, I ran across the idea to mod podge fabric to them! I gave it a shot!

Here's how mine turned out-definitely not the greatest and I'll probably tear off the fabric and try it again. But it was a fun experiment! (Ignore the glue on the inside of the shoe.)








I found another pair of mod podge shoes at Recycled Lovelies-


The Review: I shouldn't have used the striped fabric. Colors and stripes were challenging to line up. I will apply a sealant to these to make them more weather-proof. There is an outdoor mod podge that would work too. I'm interested to see how long the fabric will stay down though.

A few thoughtful Shoe Quotes :)
"I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes."
Oprah Winfrey

"It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out; it's the grain of sand in your shoe."
Robert W. Service

"The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases."
Carl Jung

"You want to fall in love with a shoe, go ahead. A shoe can't love you back, but, on the other hand, a shoe can't hurt you too deeply either. And there are so many nice-looking shoes."
Allan Sherman

No comments:

Post a Comment